Sunday, March 3, 2013

Reviewed: The Wanderer by Robyn Carr...5 out of 5 rating...


The Wanderer (Thunder Point, #1)
Nestled on the Oregon coast is a small town of rocky beaches and rugged charm. Locals love the land's unspoiled beauty. Developers see it as a potential gold mine. When newcomer Hank Cooper learns he's been left an old friend's entire beachfront property, he finds himself with a community's destiny in his hands. 

Cooper has never been a man to settle in one place, and Thunder Point was supposed to be just another quick stop. But Cooper finds himself getting involved with the town. And with Sarah Dupre, a woman as complicated as she is beautiful. 

With the whole town watching for his next move, Cooper has to choose between his old life and a place full of new possibilities. A place that just might be home.
I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Robyn Carr and her Virgin River series~it is one of my all time favorites that I have reread so many times and still continue to do so and with each reread I still experience the same laughter, love and tears just as the first time I read it. And I look forward to reading each new release in that series. I have lots of favorite characters in this series but Preacher and Paige continue to be my favorite couple and book!!  So, I was extremely excited to read that Robyn was coming out with a new series but at the same time I was also worried that it would not be as good as Virgin River.  HA!!....I should have known better and I was so not disappointed!! I absolutely loved The Wanderer and cannot wait for more!!

Within reading just the first couple chapters, I was immediately invested in the HEA of these lovable characters. I adored Cooper, Sarah, Landon, Eve, Ashley, Lou, Joe and especially Gina and Mac~seriously cannot wait for their book!!  While I did love this book and the characters, the story started out a little slow for me~I think that was because it threw me off that it took so long for Cooper and Sara to actually meet and get together. Even though it was their book, their story was told for a while with them being a part and most of the beginning was about all the other characters. This wasn't a bad thing because it made me fall in love with all the other characters but I just expected Cooper and Sarah to actually meet way before they did.  But..Oh...was a great first meeting they had~loved it!! lol :) I loved Cooper and his sarcastic funny personality. He was such a fun characer to read. I loved him and Sarah together. I also loved Gina and Mac together. Mac was so totally clueless with Gina and it was so much fun to read when he finally made up his mind to go after her. Their book is going to be so good!! I also loved the relationship between Lou and Joe and Landon and Ashley~both couples were so cute together.  I love the way that Robyn writes the relationships between her characters~it is one of the things that draws me to her books. I think this book was definitely an equal mixture of all of the characters. I hope to read more about Cooper and Sarah's relationship as the series continues as their story was not really finished at the end~it was like a HFN ending for them. 

Was The Wanderer as good as the Virgin River series, I'm not sure yet. That series will always hold a special place in my heart and on my bookshelf. The characters and story in The Wanderer are so different and have such a totally different feel to me than in the Virgin River series and that is definitely not a bad thing but just makes it harder to compare. I think I'll have to wait and see how the series progresses from here. I am definitely hooked especially with the how the story ended  with so much more to tell about these characters. So good!!

The Wanderer was a great story that I so totally enjoyed. It was a great start to a series with so much potential. I also loved how Robyn described the scenery~it was so easy to picture in my mind.  I would definitely recommend and even though I thought it started off a little slow, it certainly picked up and finished with me wanting so much more. I am dying now because I have to wait until July for Max and Gina to get their story told.  I am not sure that I will make it!! lol :)        5 out of 5 rating.

***ARC provided by NetGalley~Thank you so much!!

          
  


No comments:

Post a Comment